Sunday, April 18, 2010

Things on the horizon.

What a great couple weeks of growing for me.  Im still getting accustomed to LA but Im growing to love it here.  Here is a little update on whats been going on.

Last week I had a photo shoot with an amazing band called Petree.  They have a CD coming out soon and you will definitely want to pick up a copy of it.  I built a small landing page for them as well, www.petreeofficial.com.  Check it out and tell me what you think.  The photo shoot was at a place called the Jesus Wall Studio.  It was definitely unique and we all had a great time.

For me, I am learning how to lead and take control with these shoots.  For a photographer to be a photographer he has to be in control.  He has to take his vision and combine it with his experience and knowledge in order to make a successful final product.  For me, all the technicals are there besides the leading part.  I am just a laid back person and let people do what they want.  For the most part that works, but in cases where you are shooting band promo shots, you have to tell the people what to do because they give you a specific vision to shoot for.  They dont have the expertise, you do and all eyes are on you.

Also, I've started another project.  I have been wanting to do a photo documentary for a while now and I have decided to just go full swing with the project.  I want to turn it into a book and hope and pray that it spreads like wildfire so that the reality of poverty in our country is realized on a personal level.  Oh, btw, I already designed the cover.  Its a rough draft but you can get the general idea.

I would love for any feedback as well on these projects.  I have a new website that will be going live, hopefully this week.  This is the first full website that I have designed and developed myself.  Later versions will have a shopping cart as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment