Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Some Recent Work

Its been a real busy past couple of weeks, hence no updates on the blog.  Well thats not acceptable so I thought why not take a free minute to update everyone.  So in a nutshell here it is.






Here is a photo from a recent headshot session.  It was a lot of fun and Im glad that I finally got to do a real shoot at my new place.  More photos to come from this new location for sure


 
 A blog I posted recently talked about doing something with your work.  I am blessed with working on Skid Row.  Photography out there is tough so whenever I get a chance, I take it.

Ah, last but not least for sure.  Personal work is so important to keep your creative tank fueled when it comes to shoot.  Always, always, always keep a healthy balance of personal work and work for clients.  This is a shot taken at sunset on a beach in Malibu, which happens to be my favorite place in the world.  I wish I would have waited ten more minutes though because it would have been so much better.



Now, for the work side of things.  I've been hard at work writing my first photography book called Photo-Alchemy.  Its a real challenge but its going to come out exactly like I planned.  Writing this book has shown me just how deep the rabbit hole goes and I need to do more research and testing.  

A few posts ago I wrote about doing a critique journal.  Its a great idea but its not that realistic with the way I had it set up.  I have been in the habit of trying to keep up with whats going on in the photo world.  Its hard sometimes.  But whenever I go searching I might find a photograph that I really like and want to use for inspiration later or I might just want to learn how to do a technique found in the photograph.  So instead of doing just a critique journal I will be spending one whole day per week dedicated to sitting down with a list of photographs that I want to learn how to do.  

There are just some pictures that have the light in such a way that gives the shot a texture that works perfectly.  I want to really learn "tact" in my lighting.  That means all the elements working together to give it that pop that sets it a part.  So yes, probably Wednesdays or Fridays will be the dedicated day.  I can't wait to start doing this.  I have just been thirsty to sit down in a room with nothing but a model and my equipment, going nuts with learning and experimentation.

Yeah, I'm excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment