Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fitting in.






When I first started playing guitar I played with a guy who taught me a few things. I remember him playing a particular chord and it sounded horrible, almost like it shouldnt be included in any music. He said that there is no such thing as a bad chord, its all in how you play it. He strummed the chord in a different way and it actually sounded great!

I want to apply this same lesson to photography. My friend said she took terrible photo's but I had her sit down anyway. We were all just having fun and I was playing with some studio lighting at my buddy's place and wanted to experiment. Even though the conventional way of posing didnt work for her, (at least in her mind) we found a way to take amazing pictures that we both liked.

I would like to think this same lesson applies to other places in life. I've never felt like I fit in and I tried extremely hard to do so. It wasnt until I just went to follow my own path did I learn that I was unique for a purpose. Every picture is unique and so is everyone's path. God gave you a key, it fits somewhere.

Take the time to meditate on this and understand where God has you and why.


No comments:

Post a Comment